I wanted to give you all a little gift to help you get off on the right foot. I made these little desktop calendars for Asher's teachers for Christmas. I got the idea from Martha Stewart's website and thought, "Oh, easy, I can do that in one night!" WRONG!
First of all, the sizing was off (and I could not for the life of me figure out how to adjust the size of the PDF). Second of all, I just could not seem to cut the proper size for the jewel case (umm, I was in the hung-over from non-stop teacher gift giving stage of Christmas . . . cut me some slack!!:)
Finally, at 2 in the morning, I was done. LOL! I decided that way too much effort went into these calendars to keep them to myself so I wanted to share them with you all. I hope that you enjoy it!
Steps for making yourself a cute desktop calendar:
1) Download PDF and print calendar pages onto a slight heavyweight paper.
2) Cut around the square box.
3) Take an empty jewel case (if you need to get some empty jewel cases you can get them in the electronics section at Walmart) and unsnap the cover. Turn the cover backwards and then resnap it.
4) Insert the months of the calendar behind the cover and change according to the month that we are in, duh?! He he!
5) I used some decorative scrapbooking paper to put in the backside of the jewel case so that it could look cute too!