Sunday, September 14, 2008

Wee Wonderfuls

. . not to steal Hillary Lang's website name or anything! I just think that this phrase best applies to anything small and cute that has to do with these tiny little people that come into this world.

Recently two of my friends gave birth to little girls. (Of course, girls girls everywhere except in the Jacobson household!) I LOVE creating for little girls so, I found these cute little projects.

Actually, my friend Jeremy (who shares many creating passions similar to my own . . . who really really needs to get a blog so that she can share her talents with the world) had the pattern for this jumper and gave me the idea for the onesie. (humm, and the onesie. I will pay you back Jeremy!)

And so, in my Amy Butler Lotus fabric, which I know that you have seen before because I love it and happen to have a lot of it, I present, a jumper.

Jeremy had this pattern. I usually steer clear of patterns because I find it so less confusing to just throw things together in my head. However, Jeremy convince me that I could do it (and also taught me that apparently, how you cut your fabric does matter . . . on the straight and what not).

Of course, it was to be expected that mistakes would be made. Originally the ties in the front were suppose to be knots, as pictured.

But Zoe, being the anxious-to-get-it-done girl that she is, decided to do it all one night into the wee hours of the morning. As a result, the button holes are too big (and apparently going in the wrong direction).

Fortunately, Jeremy and I were able to come up with the cute solution of connecting the straps in front to make a bow. Awww, so cute! :)
The other project I have lovingly named Little Bird.

This one was really simple and fun to make. Plus, I got to add those cute ruffles to the bottom that just make you want to squeeze those little baby tushes!

Anywho, I just wanted to share these projects with any of you who might be looking for some wee wonderful ideas! :)

3 comments:

Owen said...

TOO CUTE!! I just love your creations!! I saw the onesie idea in a magazine a while back with the bird and I LOVE it!! I'm in the process of debating if I should buy a sewing machine. There are so many fun/simple things that I might actually be able to pull off w/a sewing machine. In about 30 years I'd be up to your level of creativity if I'm lucky! Well done!!

Crystal said...

Can I buy them!! SOOOOO cute!! Kate would be adorable in them! I could never sew! errr you creative people! You truly have a gift! That is so cool you just whip up things and they are so dang cute too!!!


BTW you look so pretty in the pic of you painting the cast! You are a artist!! and a beauty too!!!

Zoe said...

Aww, thanks Crystal and Erica, you guys sure know how to make me feel great! :)