Friday, August 24, 2007

At Last . . .


** In order to completely understand my sheer and utter elation over the completion of this project, you must click
HERE while reading this post. (And turn on your speakers!)**

After almost a year of long hours at my computer (and one computer later!) I have finally completed the preschool yearbooks! Let us all raise our arms in rejoicing . . . hooray, they are done!!

I loved every minute of creating these books, I loved watching the children grow throughout the year, I loved making the little designs, but, I sacrificed way to much. Part of it was because the project was just too large for a stay-at-home mom of three boys and part of it was the wee bit of procrastinating on my part. But no more, let the yoke of bondage be lifted from my shoulders - they are done!!

Did I mentioned that Sterling has also pulled the plug on any future projects of this nature? Yes, I will not be doing yearbooks next year (*sniff, sniff* you would think I would have learned . . . ) but now I will have time to do more things on a whim- like paint that mural in our basement, or create an Etsy shop! Oh yes, this will not be the end of creating for Zoe!

One of the great rewards for doing these yearbooks is seeing (or hearing about) how excited the parents and children are when they get their books. Last year, I was actually told that some parents just cried. Awww. :)

Well, I usually do not get to be there when the book is received but this year, I was able to give out a book or two in person.

One person who I took a book to was Lisa, a new and dear friend, who I could not have created these books without! She is an amazing photographer who took pictures for me at the second preschool location. She is not only a wonderful and genuine person, but she is very talented. She also just started a BLOG! :) So, if you get a chance, please go over and say "Hi" to her.

Another reason to go over is because Lisa was sweet enough to post some pictures of her daughter reading her book for the first time . . . which actually almost brought tears to my eyes . . . awwww. :) Thank you so much for sharing that Lisa! It made my day!

And thank you all for the cartwheels that I am sure you are doing for me . . . LOL!

14 comments:

utmommy said...

Doing a cartwheel for you right now!

Chrissy, said...

Hi, I'm C.C.'s Mom we both know Lisa. I was wondering if I could get your email so I could sent over an invite for my blog. love the book great job!

Dee Light said...

Year Books can take a lot of time!!! My friend and I did the year book for our kids Elem. School one year, we swore never to do it again!!! Congrats on there completion!!!

Shionge said...

Oh Wow! How exciting and effort is not well appreciated and that's so cool :D

Beehive Art Salon said...

That project sounds MONUMENTAL! way to go on finishing it! Lisa has been telling me how amazing you are and how we are very much alike--I can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Sue said...

Wow Zoe, I just went to Lisa's blog and was able to see some of the pages of this book. Amazing! You are so great to take so much of your time to put these together for everyone. Is each book focused on the individual child? I'm sure the parents will truly cherish these special books.

Anonymous said...

Wow, congrats! That certainly is quite and acomplishment and labor of love!

Tee/Tracy said...

Went over to Lisa's. WOW! Zoe - you just amaze me with your talent.

You crack me up with this song. (I'm listening to it now. Thanks! LOL.)

If I ever successfully get a book published, esp if I do a children's book, I want you as my illustrator. You really know your stuff and I love your style.

Can't wait for your etsy shop :)

Lei said...

Yay Zoe! I bet they are amazing - everything you make is amazing!!!

Evey said...

Hey friend, just stopping in. How are things? How is poor Marcello's hair growing in? lol

Michelle said...

Well done Zoe I can imagine you have made so many people so very happy!!! I cam also imagine the amount of work put into those books! Am I right - they are individual books?
WOW

Zoe said...

Thank you for your kind words! I appreciate it soooo much!!! :) :) Shelly and Sue, they are individual/custom for each child. You were right Shelly! I am excited because now I have time to do some "individual" books for my own kids! :)

Lei said...

psst... I tagged you for a really fun meme. Come see!

Wendi said...

Hi, I'm a friend of Lisa and Christiana. I'm so impressed with those yearbooks. That is so amazing. And priceless for mother and child both. Great job! I'm jealous. I want one for my child!