Saturday, December 10, 2005

I Am Alive!


Aunt Anna - safely home from Iraq

My ubersuperduper find!

Yes, my friend Laura told me that she actually checks in on my blog to see how I am doing and . . . she thought that I had dropped off of the face of the earth or something! I have been sooo bad lately. I have missed reading everyone else's blogs too.


My little sister just got back from Iraq . . . alive and whole! Thank goodness. She was over there for over a year. We missed her so much and she is living with us now for a couple of months until she gets back on her feet. My boys love her and she has been an awesome help since she has been here.


I have been going crazy trying to get ready for the holidays and preparing for my parents to come and visit us next Friday. Unfortunately in the process, I have consumed mass amounts of chocolate . . . the hated evil of my life!! My body no longer knows how to function without it - I need to go through detox. At this point, I don't know why I should bother though because my mom is the Queen of Baking delicious goodies. So - I am destine for failure.

Anywho, other things that have been going on in my life are that I just hit the jack pot of all prizes! Yes! I went to a store called Down East Home last week and found a TON of older Martha Stewart magazines for 25 cents each!!!! I hit paydirt and am in heaven!!! I know that this might seem like a weird thing to get excited about but . . . I LOVE IT!!! I am now overflowing with ideas and activities to do with my kids, etc. Yes, it is the small things in life that make me happy! :)

I hope that everyone else is well. Talk to ya'll lata'!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zoe, I really do enjoy reading your blog and I always learn so much more about you, even though you just live down the street. Keep up the blogging, it is interesting. Glad your sister is home safe. I hope to be able to meet her. I'm happy that you got a good find. You're awesome!! Laura P.S. Are you still into knitting?

Evey said...

So happy to come here today and see a new post! I have been checking back at least once a week to see if there is anything new, what a surprise this was:)

So happy to hear your sister is back from Iraq, blessings to all of you throught the rest of this holiday season cheers to a very very happy new year!