Thursday, July 03, 2008

Okay guys . . .

***Disclaimer: I apologize to those of you who I should have called and told this news to over the phone . . . sorry ***

. . . so here is the deal. We are moving - to Texas! Yep. If everything goes as planned (oh please oh please) we should be in our new home this Christmas. Now, before you think that this was a rash decision, we have been looking for a house for about three months (well, four now). We wanted to live in our current neighborhood or the next one over, because I was sooo not ready to leave my girlfriends. Unfortunately, nothing ever felt completely right.

We go on family vacation to Texas. On the way to the airport, I say to Sterling "There is NO WAY that we are going to buy a house in Texas!" (Maybe it was a premonition . . . ) Of course he just laughs.

Our second day there, my mother takes us for a drive "Oh, you just have to see this cute neighborhood . . . hehehe!" We like the cute neighborhood. We go into the model home. LOVE at first sight!! "Oh no, but we are NOT going to move to Texas!" Sterling says, "Yeah, I am ready for it. I can run my business from Texas." I cry because, part of me knows that this is right. I want to live close to my family. But, I am going to have to leave my life in Utah. I have never lived anywhere.in.my.life as long as I have lived in Utah . . . let alone in this current home of mine. sniff. But, change is good-and, don't get me wrong, I LOVE Texas.

So, here we are back at home, trying to sell our house. YIKES! It has only been on the market for 1 1/2 weeks and I am already running around in circles like a mad woman yelling "It's not going to sell, it's not going to sell!" Sterling tranquilizes me . . . "It's going to be okay dear."

And there you have it. We are building a home in Texas and we have six months to sell this house. I DO believe in miracles - and, whether we sell our house now or later, I know that things will work out. Closing on our new home is also contingent on the sale of our current home.


At least I have the blogging world to keep me connect to all of my cyber girlfriends!! And for those of you who don't have a blog . . . yet lurk in the shadows reading mine . . . get a blog!! Now! So I can keep up with you and your life. :)

Anywho, more to come . . .

Oh, P.S. If you would like to purchase my house (lol!) you can check it out here - or just pass it on to anyone who might like to buy my house!! :)

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Hello beautiful house!!! I can't buy it, but it is beautiful. Good luck with that. So, you've deserted us in the blogging world til now, and now you're deserting us here in Utah. What next. Good for you for listening to the spirit and following through with it. Although we'll miss you here. We never did have our photoshop/photography info swap. Maybe before you head out. Keep us posted and show some pics of the new place.

Owen said...

WHAT THE @*%& ?!?!?! Are you serious? No way! Will I ever see you now??? Sigh. You must plan a trip to visit us for sure! Dang...this is real huh.

Kathy said...

Zoe, I'm so happy for you! I'm sad, also, because we will be moving back to Idaho or Utah next year, and I would've been able to see you more often. I'm sure this will work out as it is supposed to and you will be so happy:) Family is everything, and it will be nice for you to be so close to yours. Your house looks awesome and someone will jump on it soon. Good luck with all the craziness!

Lei said...

yay, together again zoe! can't wait to see you! (wait, you are moving here fo rme. right?!?!;)

smart mama said...

how fun- i do love a move- exciting and stressufl- new houses rock though!

Cari Ann said...

ZOE!!!! I am so sad I want to cry, and I am not even joking! I will be home in three weeks and we will have some serious girl time before you make the break, even if it is helping you pack up. What an excting adventure you have ahead. Talk to you soon.