Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggitty Jig!

Well, we made it! Yes, after being gone for a total of three weeks, the Jacobson family safely rolled into the driveway on Monday night at 11:30. There were a few casualties, like my diet, but other then that, the trip was an awesome break. I am actually rejuvenated as a mother and wife . . . go figure!

I am still up to my ears in a pile of laundry but I am happy to be settling back into the routines of my life. I just wanted to share my new, most favorite CD in the WORLD!! Beck's "Guero" (which, sadly, on the whole vacation I thought was "Wuero" ). I LOVE LOVE LOVE this CD. It captures all of my favorite elements in music along with a little western twang. I am totally inspired by this music to create some interesting digital pages. I will have to post them when I get them done. So, for all of you that are looking for a new CD to get into, I highly recommend this one! A close second is the Joss Stone "Mind, Body, & Soul" CD". She has an incredible voice. I love the mellow, sultry, and hippy sound of her voice. (If that makes sense.)

Well, I am off to switch the laundry over. Catch ya'll later! :)

2 comments:

Sandy said...

You're back! And blogging! : )
Keep posting, I've missed ya!

Tee/Tracy said...

Well - the pronounciation of "guero" does sound more like "wuero" - so don't worry about it. That's a Spanish word with several means - can be blond, pale, light-colored --- I believe Mexicans use it as slang to mean "White boy" ... I like Beck. I may have to check out this CD. Thanks for the recommendation.

Joss Stone - I keep hearing that name... I like that name. She's like a 16 yr old British chick but has a voice like a black woman, right?... Does she sing that song where she said "I love you, I love you, I love you"??? I love that song.